Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Hair Icons

I have a lot of clients ask me how I know how to just do any kind of haircut. Well, the truth of it is, there aren't that many different kinds of haircuts. There are different versions, lengths, and things you can do to tweek them and make them specific to a person and their hair type. But there aren't that many different kinds of haircuts. As I was thinking about this post, I began thinking about some of the people who have influenced hair the most. I am sure that I left some really important people out, but....right now, this is all I could come up with.


Farrah, who doesn't love the Farrah. In fact, I have a few clients in Price who still get the Farrah. Just kidding. Kind of.



This picture is a MUST post, only because as I was going through beauty school "The Rachael" was huge!! Beyond huge. I think I did this haircut like 700 times. I could do it in my sleep. And, the funny thing is, I love this haircut. I think it is so cute. But, I am so over it!!




Meg, I loved Meg's hair in her romantic-comedy hayday. She looked so cute in it. This is another one of those haircuts that I did a ton, still a classic, I think!



The "Pob" Posh-bob. I love this haircut, in fact I am wearing a version of this right now. One of the new classics.




I loved when Katie cut her hair like this. She finally looked classy, polished and beautiful. Wish she still had it!



When Jessica Simpson cut her hair like this, it was a mini-Rachael craze. Everyone!! wanted it. I do like this cut a lot, still. This kind of started the heavy side bang trend.



Halle, if we were all only this beautiful, and could pull this off. Love this haircut.




Jess started and fueled the loose curl craze. Before this, we were all stuck in the stick straight phase. I love the soft, loose curls. Thanks Jess, you did good!


Well, I hope you enjoyed my hair trip down memory lane. Maybe I have inspired you to try something new. Bangs, layers, feathered hair, a pixie cut! Whatever it may be, make it a good one.


What do you think? I'm thinking of trying to bring this look back....







What? I said thick bangs were the It thing right now, right?? Whatever, I'm bringin' it back anyway!!!

5 comments:

The Olsons said...

Oh my gosh emily! Is that really you? That is funny! I remember that haircut well, but I never had it myself. I love reading your hair posts!

Brandi and Shawn said...

Oh I have a few of those great hair cuts myself. My mom was a stylist and so I was never allowed to grow my hair out. I always had some kind of funky hairdo.

Merilee said...

I love that hair style!

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily!

What a great site! My hair was a pain until extensions. I should someday post my 5th grade experiment (the DAY of school photos, no less). That was truly a horrific hair day- proof that not everyone can wear the hair their friends do. :) Now I wear several people's hair...hahaha!

Steph

Jill said...

Love the bangs! I think we all had that hairdo! Classic and super cute! By the way, i love your hair blog!!! So FUN!