Thursday, September 25, 2008

You Tell Me

I have been thinking a lot lately (remember it's my job) about celebrity haircuts. It seems like everyone is chopping off their long locks and going for the Pixie. I know I posted about Victoria Beckham in an earlier post, but let's be honest. Not even all celebrities who are rich, famous, skinny, pretty, have a personal stylist etc. etc. look good in a pixie. I want to know your opinion. Because I am always a fan of change. I love to see people mix it up a little bit. Even if it means growing hair out. It's painful and annoying, but it's change. That's why I love color, I suppose!
Love this look on Natalie Portman. She just looks so much younger and fresher (word?). Plus she has the face shape and eyes for it!!


Don't necessarily love this look in Michelle Williams. Maybe it's just the dress that I don't love, but I just think the long hair is softer and makes her look more feminine!


Love, love, love this on Posh. But I loved her old haircut, too. I totally copied her! But, despite her complete lack of musical talent, I think she would look good in anything. As long as her hair is dark, blonde looked too fake and did not look good on her skin tone!


I don't particularly like Kirsten Dunst for some reason, but I think she looks better with longer hair. Maybe a different short style, but this one doesn't work with her face shape. For some reason every time I see her she looks like she just woke up from sleeping on a park bench, if you're in the public eye, put a little effort into your style. Don't go crazy, but a little effort might be nice!

Well, there is my little rant about celebrity pixies. You might notice that I left off one fairly famous person with a fairly famous pixie, Katie Holmes. I really do think she is pretty and she usually looks great. But I think with this last haircut, she cut off some of her style. She always looks undone these days. Her hair is never done, wearing baggy clothes. Maybe if she did her hair, it would be a really cute style. But I couldn't find one picture of her online with it even looking semi-normal. Oh well. I'm pretty sure that none of these people give a rats butt what I think about their hair. Just sharing my opinion. Let me know what you think? Can anyone wear a pixie? Who's your favorite? Someone I forgot?

2 comments:

Amanda C said...

I agree. Pixies are great on some people and a total disaster on others.

Merilee said...

I agree, I LOVE Victoria Beckham's new do...I only wish that I looked like her, and could pull it off! If wishes were fishes...

I think Kiersten Dunst looks much, much better with long, her face is WAY too round for that cut, and Michelle Williams...I don't particularly think that she is pretty, and that cut...UGH! She looks awful (that is what I think I would look like!)

BUT, for the most part...I LOVE short hair, and am glad that long is not so much in anymore!