Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Funky Hair

Well, as I mentioned in my earlier post, my kids had rock star day at school today. I just thought I would show you how I used the funky colored hair extensions. She wanted it to be crazy, so I braided it last night and put gel in it. Then, I had her sit under my hood dryer for about 1/2 hour before bed. Just because her hair is really thick and never would have dried before morning if we did not!! Then, we just undid the braids, I backcombed a mohawk section really high and just pinned it down in the back. The braids and the gel helped it back comb really well and it will have no problem staying in all day! Then, we just went through and randomly placed a few pink streaks throughout the 'do. They are kind of tricky to hide, but look so much better if they're hidden. They were pretty long, so I cut off about 3 inches. Becareful not to cut their real hair!!!



Back shot




Top shot




Front view



Hopefully that helps and gives you a real example of what it might look like! Have fun with it. It would also be cute with a few different colors in there together! Use your imagination.

No comments: