Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Word to the Wise

Okay, friends. I know that I suggested going darker for fall and winter and that I love change. But, not too much change. I have had a few (or more than a few) clients in the last year that want to go from dark to blonde to dark. Whew! That is just too much for you hair to handle. Especially if you like to be really blonde and then really dark. Your hair only has so much life in it. If you keep damaging it and changing colors, your hair is eventually going to put it's hands in the air, surrender and turn into cotton candy or turn completley black. Either of which is probbably not what you want. So, just do me a favor and make up your mind already! Just kidding. I am definitley a fan of change, but by that I mean adding some low lights to your highlight weave or adding some red to your normal brown, just subtle changes. Unless you are ready to commit. If you're ready to go for it and make it a fairly permenant change, then by all means. Do something fun. But if you're going to change your hair color back next month, try a semi-permenant color that's not so drastic or just add small changes. You might be surprised by how much of a difference a little change will make to you. Sorry for my little rant, just do yourself a favor and be more subtle. Your hair will thank you for it!!

No comments: