Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Fun New Curlers

Okay, I am forever in search of something that will curl and stay curled in my daughters crazy thick long hair. Something that she will not complain about (I don't think that exists!), and something that won't hurt her head to sleep on at night! I think I may have found just the thing. One of my clients was telling me about these curlers she bought from Sally Beauty Supply. They are called Curlformers.


They are a bit expensive, but for me it is an investment. I will be using them a lot! You can buy them in the pack that comes with 6 small and 6 med and 6 long and a hook. Well, since I had no use for the med or the small, I just bought the packages seperate and then the hook. Once you see them, you will understand what I mean. It took us a few minutes to figure it out and make it work smoothly. But all in all, it was a great experience. No complaining on her part. Whew!

Below are a few pictures and I'll kind of explain to you how they work.



We started of with wet hair fresh out of the shower. But you could probbably do dry hair and just squirt it down or even just do dry hair and put gel or mousse on it, it would probbably work really well.


Then I took a pretty good sized chunk. Coated it with mousse. Use whatever you like.



The instructions are on the package, but this kind of shows you the basic idea. We did find one trick though, before you slide the hair in the hook, you should twist it a few times. It keeps the hook from becoming tangled in the hair. You just pull the curler up towards the scalp and pull the hook out of the curler. They come in these flat things that are hollow. It's hard to explain, but then you shove the hook up through the bottom, hook it onto the hair and pull it through. Voila!




It really went rather quickly. I used smaller parts the closer I got to the top of her head, because it's really thick in there! So, the smaller the part, the easier it is to dry and curl.




That's what one looks like close up!


We have the luxury of having a hood dryer at home. If you do not, you could just run a blow dryer over them for a few minutes. I did this because her hair is so thick, it never would have dried before morning. If you have fairly think or med. hair, it would probbably be fine without it!





Pretty curl, right? Nice and even and no fuzzy ends!


Sorry for the face, we were having one of those mornings!!





That's more like it! Just a little fluffing and seperating of the curls and there you go!

4 comments:

Merilee said...

I want to get those for Kylee's hair. Which ones do you suggest I get (small, med, or large)?

Annalee said...

Oh my gosh, that is gorgeous!!! Hmmm...it's a bit premature to be tryin' that in Zoe's hair, no?!

Kimmie said...

Those are so cool! I need to get some!

erika said...

I will need to try it..
My daughter hair doesn't like to hold curls very good.How much does it cost?Will it work for very long hair? It is worth a try!